The Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare ("the Ministry" hereinafter) collects information on the users of the Endocrine Disruptor Page ("this site" hereinafter) as far as necessary for appropriate operation of the service (providing information, delivering new information, receiving comments, etc.) provided in this site.
2. Types of information collected
- This site collects the Internet domain names and IP addresses of the users, as well as information on the access to this site by the users. This site does not employ cookies.
- The users of MHLW Latest Information Delivery Service are requested to submit the e-mail addresses and preferred e-mail formats. Additionally, voluntary submission of the age, sex, job group, purpose of perusal and major fields of interest of the users ("user attributes" hereinafter) is asked.
- The users of Comment Corner are requested to submit the e-mail addresses, category of information sent (opinion, request or question), and the texts. Additionally, voluntary submission of user attributes, including the name, address, phone/fax number, is asked.
3. Use of personal information
- Information collected as 2.1 above is to help smooth operation of the services provided in this site.
- The e-mail addresses and preferred e-mail formats submitted as 2.2 above are used for the New Information Delivery Service. User attributes submitted on a voluntary basis help the production of the New Information Delivery Service.
The category of information sent and the texts
submitted as 2 .3 above will be a part of input to
policy making in future. They may also help the
development of the FAQs. The e-mail addresses submitted
are used for reply.
User attributes submitted on a voluntary basis help handling of opinions, requests and questions submitted.
4. Limitations on use and disclosure of personal information
The Ministry will not use personal information acquired as above for any purpose other than those listed in 3 above, or disclose it, except when legally or otherwise particularly requested or permitted by the affected person.
The Ministry may, however, disclose statistical information on the users of this site, including the statistics on access to this site and user attributes.
5. Security measures
The Ministry takes measures required for proper management of personal information collected, including prevention of leak, loss or damage of information.
6. Disclosure of user identity
This site does not collect personal information from which the user can be identified, such as the name or date of birth, except the user attributes submitted to the New Information Delivery Service or Comments corner, or items entered for application to publicity events or observation of meetings.
Data submitted for the New Information Delivery Service are
to be modified or deleted on the submitter's request.
The user can renew his/her personal information submitted to this site by replacing the existing data with new ones.