Enhancing safety and quality of life
through scientific research
The National Institute of Health Sciences (NIHS) conducts testing, research, and studies toward the proper evaluation of the quality, safety, and efficacy of pharmaceutical products, foods, and the numerous chemicals in the living environment.
The major responsibilities of the NIHS involve extensive testing and research to ensure the quality, efficacy, and safety of chemical substances (including pharmaceuticals and food) that are closely related to people's lives.
- Overseas Drug Safety Information (in Japanese)
- The Japanese Pharmacopoeia 17th Edition
- The Japanese Pharmacopoeia Name and Structure Database
- Japanese Accepted Names for Pharmaceuticals (JAN) Database
- Pharmaceutical Administration and Regulation in Japan
- Medical Devices
- Comparative Studies on Pharmacopoeial Definitions, Requirements and Information for Crude Drugs among FHH Member Countries
- Information on food (in Japanese)