- There are various exception rules (e.g. concentrations, exceptional chemicals among the chemical group) . They are not described in the database above. For the definition and the detailed information on exception rules, please refer to the Official Gazette or Definition (in Japanese)
- Some chemicals are regulated as the chemical group (e.g. arsenic compounds, mercury compounds, organic cyanide compounds). Some of the chemicals are listed in the database as an example, but not all chemicals are listed here.
- English names described here are not formal names.
- This English translation is unofficial. Only the original Japanese texts published in the Official Gazette have legal effect.
These translations are to be used solely as reference material to aid in the understanding of Japanese laws and regulations.
- The National Institute of Health Sciences (NIHS) shall not be responsible for the accuracy of the translation provided in this website, or for any consequence resulting from use of the information in this website.
- For all purposes of interpreting and applying law to any legal issue or dispute, users should consult the original Japanese texts published in the Official Gazette.
Back to the Page ( Legislation in Japan)
Division of Safety Information on Drug, Food and Chemicals
National Institute of Health Sciences